9 steps to healthy fat loss

For all those who are struggling nutritionally, I would like to introduce you to the 9 steps to healthy weight loss. This is for beginners to intermediate level. Infact everyone can benefit from these basic rules and will see some major changes just be adhering to these guidelines.

  1. Drink Plenty of water. Atleast 0.8 oz/body weight. So, if you are 130 lbs, consume 104 oz of water a day. This is the most important step in this whole process. Ditch all calorie drinks , including fruit juice ( eat whole fruits instead). Trade it for water or green tea.
  2. Eat small meals every 2-4 hours.  I’m sure many of you must have heard about this before “Eat 5-6 meals a day “. It varies from person to person. For me, 5 meals a day work better than 6. Listen to your hunger levels, and eat small meals accordingly. It will be tough in the beginning, I have been doing this for the last 3 years and it has become a habit now.
  3. Include lean protein in your every meal.
  4. Include Vegetables and/or fruits with every meal. Try to get atleast 10 servings/day and try to keep the ratio of Vegetables:Fruits to 4:1
  5. Carbohydrate Timing. Try to limit carbohydrates to pre, during and post workout.
  6. Fat. Yes, fat is very important, Good fats. Our body needs all kinds of fats, Saturated , Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. Saturated fat can come from animal products or even cooking oil ( Prefer organic butter or coconut oil). Monounsaturated fat from nuts, olives, olive oil etc and Polyunsaturated fats from flax seed oil , fish oil and mixed nuts.
  7. Try to eat Whole unprocessed foods.
  8. Include lots of healthy variety of foods, don’t eat the same thing over and over again. (I’m guilty of doing this).
  9. Stick to these habits 90% of the time and eat whatever u want the rest of the 10%. ( For Example, u eat 6 times a day , 7 days a week. that is 42 meals/week . 10% = 4 meals. So, you can eat 4 cheat meals in a week., we are suggesting you to stay compliant to these steps 90% of the time).
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: